- $44 sponsors a child for a day of camp
- $75 provides swimsuits and towels for 3 children
- $125 provides one day of snacks for all campers
- $220 sponsors a child for 1 week of camp
Or give whatever you can.
Mail a Check
Checks can be made payable to: St. Vincent de Paul of Baltimore, and sent to: 2305 N. Charles Street, Suite 300, Baltimore, MD 21218.
Good Samaritan Monthly Giving Club
When you give regular monthly donations, you provide a consistent and reliable means that support critical services each and every day, as well as help us reduce fundraising and administrative costs.
Monthly donors enjoy:
- a convenient way to make regular gifts
- annual statement for tax purposes
- special invitations and our quarterly newsletter (but no solicitation mailings)
- special recognition in our Annual Report
- ability to increase, decrease, or suspend your donation at any time
- knowledge that your donation is making a difference each and every month
Corporate Giving & Social Responsibility
As a member of our community, corporations or corporate giving can provide substantial support and raise awareness for our programs and services that make a difference in our community.
Corporations and businesses can:
- Match employee gifts or volunteer hours
- Sponsor events
- Host a drive, Adopt a Head Start classroom or other special project or collect items from our wishlists
- Host a “Dress Down Day” or conduct a fundraiser
- Encourage your employees to volunteer
- Provide operational support through corporate or corporate foundation grants
- Participate in local Workplace Giving Campaigns
To learn more about corporate partnerships or giving, contact Michelle Boyle or call (410) 662-0500.
Honor Loved Ones and Special Moments with a Tribute Gift
A tribute gift is an excellent way to honor a loved one or a special occasion. Both you and your honoree will share in the joy of knowing that your gift will help someone in need. Tribute gifts are a wonderful way to acknowledge:
- Birthdays and anniversaries
- Birth of a child
- Mother’s Day and Father’s Day
- Valentine’s Day
- Christmas, Easter and other holidays
Memorial gifts are a thoughtful way to remember loved ones who have passed. All memorial honorees are remembered at an annual mass.
If you are requesting others make a memorial gift to St. Vincent de Paul in lieu of flowers, please direct gifts to “St. Vincent de Paul of Baltimore, 2305 N. Charles Street, Suite 300, Baltimore, MD 21218. Please reference the name of the deceased with your gift.”
All honorees receive a special card to let him or her know of your thoughtful gift and will be listed in a future issue of Inspirations, our quarterly newsletter.
For more information on tribute gifts, call 410-662-0500, ext. 233 or email email@example.com.
Workplace or Employee Giving
Whether your company participates in a local or national campaign or if they offer their own, making a gift through your workplace is an easy and convenient way to give.
St. Vincent de Paul participates in the following campaigns:
- United Way of Central Maryland #4244
- Local Independent Charities
- Maryland Charity Campaign #4244
- Combined Charity Campaign #4244
- Combined Federal Campaign #84087
You can also designate the following programs through United Way of Central Maryland’s Campaigns:
- Beans & Bread #4681
- Sarah’s Hope #8591
- Camp St. Vincent #12126397
Be sure to ask your employer to release your name so we can keep you informed of the impact your giving makes! To make your gift go even further, inquire if your company will match your contribution or volunteer hours.
Planned Giving: Legacy, Life-Income, Bequests and More
A planned gift is one of the most significant contributions one can make for the future wellbeing of St. Vincent de Paul of Baltimore. Planned gifts have many benefits and may include providing a source of income or reducing estate taxes. Perhaps most importantly, planned gifts enable us to provide vital programs and services well into the future.
Planned or Legacy Gifts include:
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Charitable Trusts
- Gifts from Your IRA
Those who chose to include us in their estate plans are recognized as members of our 1865 Legacy Society – a group of dedicated and distinguished individuals with a love and commitment to our programs and services beyond compare!
For more information about Planned Giving or our 1865 Legacy Society, email Michelle Boyle or call (410) 662-0500.
As with all special gifts, we suggest you consult with your tax or financial advisor to determine which type of giving vehicle may work best for you.
Car Donations: Driven to Change Lives!
Donating your vehicle to St. Vincent de Paul of Baltimore can help fuel our mission, while providing you with a tax deduction and the good feeling you get when you help those in need. The process is fast and easy! We accept cars, SUVs, trucks, vans, motorcycles, boats, trailers, and RV’s in any condition. We will arrange free pick up and towing.
Make your donation in 5 easy steps:
- Complete this online intake form, or call (410) 662-0500 to complete it over the phone. Please have your vehicle’s title and lien release in hand when you call. The IRS requires that we collect the social security number of donors wishing to take a tax deduction for their vehicle, so please be prepared to furnish this information.
- Within 48 hours of completing your intake, you will receive a call from our partner Bel Air Auto to arrange for a time to pick up your vehicle.
- Remove all personal items from your vehicle and remove your license plates immediately prior to the vehicle being picked up.
- Return your tags to the MVA on/or before the date you cancel your insurance to avoid any Uninsured Motorist penalty.
- Wait for your tax receipt and paperwork! Everything will be sent to you automatically once your vehicle has been sold at auction, which may take up to 45 days. Donors may deduct up to $500 for vehicles sold under $500 and may deduct the actual selling price for vehicles sold over $500.
Investing in Our Programs: Donating Stocks, Bonds and other Assets
Making a gift of stocks, bonds or other appreciable assets can be a great way to support our programs and provide you with positive tax benefits. We suggest you consult a tax professional or financial advisor to determine what gift will work best for you.
Click here for instructions on how to make a stock transfer.
Sponsor an Event
Sponsorships are a great way to support our fundraising efforts that provide you an opportunity to show your employees, members, customers and the community that you are a good corporate citizen.
Our events bring together hundreds of the area’s top civic groups, thought leaders, elected officials, representatives from the world’s most influential corporations and universities, restaurateurs, and of course the wonderful residents of Maryland. You will gain exposure and be able to stretch your promotions budget by getting in front of like minded individuals, those aligned with the same philosophies as your company. In addition, a portion of the sponsorship is considered a charitable donation and could be eligible for a tax deduction.
For sponsorship opportunities, levels and benefits, please see our Empty Bowls event website:
St. Vincent de Paul of Baltimore is a registered 501(c)(3) tax exempt non-profit organization. A copy of our current financial statement is available below, or by writing to 2305 N. Charles St, Suite 300, Baltimore, MD 21218 or by calling (410) 662-0500. Documents and information submitted under the Maryland Solicitations Act are also available, for the cost of postage and copies, from the Maryland Secretary of State, State House, Annapolis, MD 21401, (410) 974-5534.
Meet Dee: Monthly Donor
As a busy professional and Army Reservist with a very busy home life, Dee joined the Good Samaritan Monthly Giving Club because it was easy and convenient.
“Becoming a monthly donor was an easy way to make sure I made my gift to support the programs and mission of St. Vincent de Paul even when I was mobilized.” - Dee
Meet Dr. Godenne: Legacy Society Member
As the first woman in the history of Johns Hopkins Hospital to be appointed chief resident of the department of psychiatry, perhaps Dr. Godenne appreciated the innovative, compassionate services St. Vincent de Paul pioneered nearly 150 years ago. Prior to her passing in December 2013, Dr. Godenne chose to become a member of St. Vincent de Paul of Baltimore’s 1865 Legacy Society by designating us as a recipient of a portion of her retirement account.