Adopt a Family this Holiday Season
Thank you for your interest in supporting St. Vincent de Paul families who are struggling this holiday season. We are thrilled that all of our shelter, supportive housing and Head Start families have been matched with generous donors. However, you can still brighten the holidays for individuals and families this holiday season and throughout the year! From supporting our gentlemen in the Greenspring Men’s Shelter to providing items for families moving into and transitioning out of shelters to helping our Head Start children succeed in the classroom – you choose how you want to make a difference!
Our Adopt A Family program is a warm and wonderful way to make a difference this holiday season!
FAQ’s and how to get you and your community involved!
What is Adopt a Family?
- St. Vincent de Paul of Baltimore matches generous donors with families who live in one of our homeless shelters or supportive housing programs.
- The purpose of Adopt a Family is to brighten the holidays for over 200 families who are financially struggling while giving the opportunity for donors to give in a meaningful and impactful way.
When and how will I receive information about the family I adopted?
- Our families completed a wish list for each member of the family, including adults. The wish lists will include ages and sizes of the children as well as interests and ideas of gifts to purchase.
- Wish lisrts and more information will be emailed to the matched donors November 5.
What should I buy?
- The wish lists will help make shopping easy and fun! You will have both general ideas and specific items to purchase. You may include gifts receipts with the donations.
- The suggested spending range is $50 and $100 per person and all items should be new. Also, do your best to spend evenly between the family members.
- Please include wrapping paper, gift bags or tags with your gifts.
- You can include a holiday card or greeting, but please do not include any identifying information.
Is there anything I should not buy?
- Please refrain from purchasing toys or video games with violent content (including toy guns, swords, etc.).
- Do NOT include cash, gift cards or checks for the family with your donation.
Do I wrap the gifts and how do I label the items?
- Please DO NOT wrap the items. Our parents enjoy wrapping gifts for their children.
- Put all gifts in a large bag or bags with family ID number clearly marked on each bag. Include a copy of your wish list with the family’s gifts.
- It is helpful (but not required) to sort, bag and label the gifts by individual. For example – one bag labeled 6 y.o. girl, another bag labeled 8 y.o. girl, etc. Each individual bag should have the family ID number on it.
Where and when do I deliver my donation?
- There are 5 donation drop-off sites. You choose your drop-off location when you register to be a donor.
- Beans and Bread Center – 402 S. Bond Street, Baltimore 21231
- Head Start Patterson – 242 S. Patterson Park, Baltimore 21231
- Hannah More Family Shelter – 12041 Reisterstown Road, Reisterstown 21236
- Innterim Family Shelter – 112 E Sudbrook Ln, Pikesville 21208
- Sarah’s Hope Family Shelter – 1114 N. Mount Street, Baltimore 21217
- Donations drop off dates are between Monday, Nov. 29 and Monday Dec. 6. You will schedule a date and time to drop off the gifts you purchased.
How do I register to Adopt a Family?
- It’s easy! Simply click on the registration link below! https://form.jotform.com/212874021369052
- You choose how many individuals you would like to adopt and the preferred drop-off location during registration.
Are there other ways to get involved?
- Yes! There are many ways to get involved this holiday season! Prepare and serve a meal, conduct a donation drive or purchase items off our Amazon wish list for much needed items that are used throughout the year, adopt a classroom… there are many different ways to get involved.
- For more information on holiday giving please download our 2021 Holiday Opportunities Flyer.
- If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com
To read more, please download: